22 April 2005

The PM

It's amazing the amount of attention a simple seven minute speech can garner.

Over at the National Lampoon, they are so desperate to get out their attack on the Prime Minister that they have left a whole raft of comment available for free including a predictable piece in which the experts they consulted said the Prime Minister's speech was either ineffective or abysmal.

Ok. So some guy who no one ever heard of thinks it was appalling. I'm impressed. I have been in this business as long or longer than at least one of their experts. The Lampoon didn't call me.

I'll save my opinion for a later Post. In the interests of fairness, I'll comment on all the speeches - most media outlets doing "analysis" have focused on the PM. Well, they need to look at the "My fellow Americans" speech as wells the comments by Harper and Leyton to see how they stack up as well.

As Loyola Hearn and the comments I just heard on CBC radio as I typed this: be careful who you accuse of not being able to get stories straight.

The people in your riding are still waiting to hear you get facts straight on things you did 20 years ago.