22 April 2005

Weekend creative writing assignment

This spring I started teaching in a public relations program. One of my courses is public relations writing.

So in that spirit, here is your creative writing assignment for the weekend. I'll give you three names, a federal riding, and an upcoming event.

Your task, should you chose to accept it, is to write a brief scenario in which these individuals, the place and the event are linked.

For those who may be reading way too much into this, let me say the idea came from a couple of different conversations I've had in the past week. Political events like the ones in Ottawa always seem to get the political pundits speculating on various scenarios. Let' see how you do.

There is no prize, save the satisfaction of getting the prediction right.

Feel free to e-mail me with your ideas.

Here goes:


John Efford
Loyola Hearn
Loyola Sullivan

St. John's South-Mount Pearl

A federal election called for June 27, 2005.