You gotta feel for police chief Bill Janes and the rest of the men and women of the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary.
All this happened between Sunday, April 5, 2015 and Thursday April 9, 2015:
- An RNC officer investigating a complaint by the Premier’s Office about an online comment shoots and kills the interview subject during a confrontation.
- A former civilian employee convicted of tipping off the subject of a drug investigation about the police operation appeals her nine month sentence for obstruction of justice.
- A Provincial Court judge in Corner Brook sentenced a constable to four months for making indecent telephone calls and 10 months for misleading police during their investigation of the indecent telephone calls.
- The Crown Prosecution Service is reviewing an RNC internal investigation of a senior non-commissioned officer for his actions in the indecent telephone call investigation. The internal investigation found no no grounds to lay charges against the NCO.
- A constable who has been unpaid leave for two and a half years was arrested on Thursday and charged with two counts of uttering threats to kill or harm a woman and two counts of uttering threats to cause damage to property and of damaging the property. Janes has ordered an internal investigation into the incident.