03 January 2006

30 down - 19, 970 to go

The quest continues to see if I can down 20, 000 cups of coffee in a year in order to accumulate the 400 bucks Steve Harper, the economist, says I should get from his big rebate.

Remember that one? Steve's gonna lower the GST 1% the first year and then wait four more years to cut the second one percent.

Of course, Steve can't do it in three provinces, which have harmonised sales tax. Can't do it unless those three provinces agree.

Well, on this the first full day back after the holidays, I can report that I have now downed a total of 30 double double's from Tim's since the GST announcement.

My Harper calculator tells me I have saved the princely sum of 60 cents.

Yes, I have not made enough in GST savings to buy another cup of coffee yet.

But hey, I am up for the challenge.

Just 19, 970 cups to go.